Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's just that demon life, has got me in it's sway


Quick thought, before a grumble about the weekend: Dogs are better than people.

Consider: How often do you take a dog into your house as your lifelong (well at least his or her life) friend, and end up seeking a divorce? How long a grudge does a dog hold if you forget dinner? Or if you're late? What if you want to go out with another friend. Oh sure, they'll jump around at the door as you leave, but they won't give you the cold shoulder when you get home...for DAYS. And has the dog ever complained because you want to watch something else on the tube?

OK, so on the downside, they're lacking in conversational skills. But considering the inanity of a lot of human conversation, is that really such a bad thing?

Spent the weekend working around the house, doing a lot, and yet feeling as though more was just piling up behind me. A lot like quicksand-the more I would do, the more I seemed to uncover to do. On the accomplishment list, straightened up the garage (somewhat-still have some stuff being stored that will wander off before too long, I hope), jet-washed most of the back patio, weeded the back garden, put up a temporary fence to keep the aforementioned pooches off of the daylillies, picked up and planted a variety of hostas, ferns, astilbes, and junipers, as well as planting an array of other previously acquired plants, did the laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, bbq'd, hit the pool twice (including, and this did pump me up big time, completing a mile non-stop), began to clean out the music room...and ran out of time. And to be fair, energy.

My plea- I need someone to come over, rub my aching back and knees and feed me grapes-because aside from conversation, that happens to be another thing dogs aren't so good at!

Anyway, had a nice dinner with Mom (and Dad, and nephew and Bob and his mom, too) and I am now going to do more in the music room...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment