Friday, June 4, 2010

Off the scale


Shrek here...out of curiosity, I went to a website to calculate my body's frame size. Ostensibly, this is because I know I have a large frame, but even given that, am always amazed at the height/weight recommendations they have for me. Namely, they like to tell me that because I am a "large" framed person, I should weigh no more than 222lbs. Now, there are several people that read this blog, that knew me back in the 80's when I did indeed get down to the 220's. And I looked like an escapee from Auschwitz. When I went to the doctor, he insisted that I gain at least 25 to thirty pounds.

So, I go on about this because of the following. Apparently, if you bend your arm at a ninety degree angle, and measure from bone to bone in your elbow, that tells you your frame size. A medium frame is between 2 7/8's inches, and 3 1/4. So considering the entire "medium" range is a mere 3/8's of an inch, if your elbow is 3 7/8 inches, thus an entire 5/8 inches larger than the upper end of the medium scale, does that mean you've blown the whole scale away? Have I moved two notches into the BONUS super large frame category? Should I indeed, embrace my life as an ogre, paint myself green, and start eating peasants? How best are they prepared? Boiled, with cabbage, onions, and hearty helping of garlic? Or maybe baked, with potatoes and parsnips?

Anyway, enough silliness. Operation normal sized me continues. Down 63lbs as of this morning. Another 45 to 60 or so to go. Unless I'm aiming for that perfect body weight, as recommended by the non-Andrew friendly charts!

No comments:

Post a Comment