Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Weighting (Is The Hardest Part)


As the furious Battle of the Bulge has resumed, it is time for an update.
Shirt size...down two inches in the neck
Pants...down six inches in the leg--I shrunk! No, but the waist has wasted
T-Shirts-down 2 "x's" on the old xxxxxxxxL scheme.


It has been my contention for a long time that losing weight and keeping it off is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do...reason I can say that is, I have consistently failed. And, there are simple reasons for that-when you quit smoking (which I kicked a 3 pack a day habit 12 years ago this month)you simply quit. Period. You don't smoke differently, or less often, or only on Sundays-you just QUIT. Can't do that with food, oddly enough. Well I suppose you could do a Bobby Sands, but that isn't really a very good answer. So, you're left with being in a constant state of monitoring. And if you've never had to fight the battle, trust me, it is hard. And you get lazy...and your vigilance slips. And things taste soooo good. And it's raining, and you don't want to exercise. And everyone is going to the pizza joint, and you're invited. And there's a party on Sunday, and there'll be beer and brats. It is a bugger! Oh well,, hopefully I shall reign victorious THIS time. It is the goal...

1 comment: