Sunday, January 2, 2011

(re) Start Me Up


Ok, so that's a wrap on 2010...
At this time last year, I was preparing the launch of the great weight loss campaign, and the official year end results were...54lbs gone. In and of itself, that seems like a good number, and I suppose it is. Though it has to be said, I had actually got about 70lbs off at one point, so over the last four months I regressed. BUT (and you knew there would be a "but"), I had actually regressed to only 48lbs lost, so I am trending properly again.

So, the new year is off with a bang, this year's resolution (last year being the first time I ever made one, which was "I will finish the year in better shape than I started it"-and I did!) is very closely tied to last year's. It is...to increase my weekly exercise by 50%. Last year I swam 30 minutes a day, five days a week. This year it is to get the equivalent of 45 minutes a day in. Anything more than that will be considered a welcome bonus. I'm not expecting to repeat the 50lb weight loss, as I think that is too aggressive, but hopefully another 35-40 or so this year, and by the time I welcome the BIG 5-0 in March of 2012, maybe (just maybe) I can be at something approaching what I would ideally like to be.

Anyway, all in all it was a good year. I made and lost a great furry friend, improved the house by leaps and bounds, and continued to learn that the song was right. You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

Maybe.

Onward, 2011...

1 comment: