Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dirty Old Egg Sucking Dog


I do foster work for a rescue...and I currently have a very friendly, extraordinarily nice cattle dog mix. She truly is a lovely dog, but sadly, I think she was sent to this earth to torment me.

Tonight's episode: She usually sleeps in her crate, with little or no problem. Actually that isn't fair. She sleeps in her crate with NO problem. Tonight, I have no idea why, she decides to whine about it. I listen to it, and ignore it. And then I ignore it some more. Finally, like Popeye, I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more, so I let her out, and onto my bed. Not five minutes later, she decides, with no provocation I could discern, that she needs to leap over me. In the process of doing this, she lands on my CPAP machine's windpipe, gets tangled, and in her frenetic wiggles, BANG. Down goes my CPAP machine. And of course it isn't functioning now. *sigh* My sleep apnea thanks her, as it will now be able to rob me of hours of sleep until I can get the machine in on Monday...

1 comment: