Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fixing A Hole


My little corgi went in for his surgery yesterday. Simon is a tough little bugger, I must say.
He's had dual perineal hernias since we rescued him from the street, and though we've treated it with diet for the last year plus, it had deteriorated to the point that it just couldn't go on. Anyway, from all accounts the surgery went very well, and he is on the road to recovery, which is 8 to 10 weeks. The Lovely Linda is currently keeping him, as he needs more attention than I can possibly give with work and all, plus she is a bit more seasoned in the whole dog surgical recovery process than I am. A big thank you to her, she's incredible.

Here's an observation: It normally takes me five to ten minutes to feed my dogs in the morning and afternoon, primarily because of Simon's food preparation. Now it takes me thirty seconds-this only serves as a reminder that my little buddy isn't here, and I miss him. For the last year, when I go to sleep, a small little fellow has gone to sleep right next to me on his own little pillow, and I miss that too. Little guy sleeps so hard, that you have to wake him up in the morning. None of that annoying dog stuff of trying to get you up at the crack of dawn with Simon. You give him a little shake, roll him over, and after a few yawns and stretches, he's ready to start his day. Definitely one of the more relaxed dogs on the planet.

Anyway, Simon has multiple supporters-never ceases to amaze me the appeal of that dog. I've had e-mails and texts and phone calls all inquiring as to his progress. It's heartwarming to know that a little fellow like him has the ability to make people care about something that ultimately has no impact on their day to day lives.

He's the best, and I love him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment