Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hey you, I want to be your boyfriend


Oh yes boys and girls, let us hearken back to those glorious days, when power pop ruled. I think a part of me will always be stuck in 1978 and 79. All this incredible, wonderful, finger poppin', toe tappin' music was just flying out. Unfortunately, here in St.Louis, it couldn't get on the radio, as it was choked out by disco on the top 40 stations, and Rush/Triumph and a lot of other very very bad music on K-Shit 95.

Which reminds me of K-She's stupid polls they used to do, in which their loyal listeners were to fill out their fave three songs so that "Real Rock Radio" could favor us with a 'countdown' on whatever holiday weekend was coming up. Quite predictably, the top three, in varied order were: "Stairway To Heaven", "Layla", and "Freebird". Me, I always dedicated Elvis Costello's "Radio Radio" to our good friends at K-SHE. For a modern rock station, they sure didn't believe in playing any. I can flat out tell you that no new wave, punk, or even U2 got played through the mid-80's. Too 'edgy' is all I can guess.

Anyway, if you want some ear candy, direct your browser (and PC speakers) here, and then just click around...

No comments:

Post a Comment